This Week’s Top 10!
- “Writer’s Block” The Creative Center Player’s Show – May 19 -23
The Creative Center is proud to present the Creative Center Player’s production of “Writer’s Block”, an original play by Rosalinda Verde, the Creative Center’s Performing Arts Director. A semi-autobiographical journey documenting the Performing Arts Director at the Creative Center and her bout with writer’s block.
- Beers and Boards at Peeves Public House – Tuesday, May 20
Come on down for a night of gaming and craft beers. Tables and old games provided. BYO games encouraged.
- Salsa Tuesdays at the Cellar Door –Tuesday, May 20
Salsa Night every TUESDAY NIGHT at The Cellar Door***$2 DRINK SPECIALS ALL NIGHT!!~$5 TEQUILA SHOTS!!***Salsa Dance Lessons start at 8pm, music and dancing follows. $5 cover, 21+ Bring your dancing shoes and tell your friends!! NO, YOU DO NOT NEED A PARTNER!!:)***BEGINNER Lessons 8-8:45PM, ADVANCED Lessons 8:45-9:30PM and Dancing follows!!
- Visalia’s Young Professional Network Kick – Off Mixer – Downtown Pita Kabob – Thursday, May 22
Join Pita Kabob Grill and the Visalia Chamber of Commerce in launching Visalia’s premier networking platform for our community’s exciting young professionals.
- Sound and Vision: Baths/Young Fathers at the Cellar Door – Thursday, May 22
Sound N Vision is starting the summer off right by bringing the popular indie groups Young Fathers & Baths to the Cellar Door.
- “Frozen” Family Movie Night at Englemann Cellars – Friday, May 23
Friday Night WineTasting/ Family Movie Night “Frozen”. All Ages Welcome! Bring your blankets, chairs and your kids for a fun family movie in the Vineyard Park at Engelmann Cellars.
- Pollywog Crew – A Beastie Boys Tribute – Strummers in Fresno – Friday, May 23
Hip Hop Music
- Live Music by the Crawdads at Crawdaddy’s of Visalia – Friday, May 23
9. Peeve’s to Kearney Breakfast Ride – Saturday, May 24
Meet at Peeve’s Public House at 8:00am. Route will be Fresno Street to Kearney Boulvard, a lap around Kearney Park and back to Peeve’s. Kearney Boulevard is an incredible place in our community, let’s help spread the awareness of this crazy-long boulevard. Back to Peeve’s. All riders get 1/2 off of the breakfast. Wear a helmet and bring something to ward off farm dogs.
10. Nickfest at the Tower District – Saturday, May 24
Nickfest has come a long way since the inaugural festival in 2012, which found full-time house/part-time punk basement The Ranch as host – complete with a set from Fierce Creatures and a one-time reunion from old Fresno favorites They Call Me Greyhound.
For more information and for other events, visit joaquinaround.com